Aaaand… question. I went way back to the first year, and went in to edit Priorites. Well, there is already a transcript, but it doesn’t show on the regular page for that comic. So, what happened to that field, and is there a different way we should be producing transcripts?
There was a transcript plugin that I tried some time ago, but it quit working with an update of WordPress and the pluging didn’t get updated that I recall. Transcripting is now integral with the ComicPress plugin. What you’re seeing is being picked up as Custom Data. That could be copied over to the Transcript field if there isn’t an existing trascript there.
Aside from the Custom Data, there is text in the regular Transcript field. However, it doesn’t show on the comic page. Per your instruction above, I’ve deleted the Custom Data fields, so there is just the existing text in the Transcript field. Still, nothing. Is it me? *prepares for a dramatic declamation of ‘why technology hates me’*
Ah! Now I get it. The transcript function got turned off somehow. Should give no further trouble.
Aww, now I can’t get all dramatic and stuff. *kicks a rock* Some day… SOME DAY… I’ll get to flip a table!
(Also, thanks for fixing it!)
I can loan you my coffee table. It’s about 80 pounds of granite slab atop a wooden stand. Slamming shin on it is not fun.
So when I finish the current binge (jotting notes) I get to learn a whole new editing system. Joy. Not sure if that’s seventy or a hundred so far.
Spoilery comments: Redact or nuke ’em!
Andy, I just did a transcript for Christmas After All (Heart and Home chapter). Also deleted the custom fields while I was in there. Hit publish. The transcript shows, but the custom fields are back, or still there (whichever). I then tried to delete them again and hit publish again. They’re still there.
wdg3rd, belated thanks for the offer of the coffee table. Sadly, it doesn’t sound very flippable, but I’ll keep it in mind.
*Edit: It happened on Not Quite Out, as well. In fact, the Custom Fields that are showing were not all the fields originally showing; also, the fields showing were all empty, and now there is data in the fields currently showing.
Hopefully I can clarify what is happening. I am about to create a transcript for Aproval (which is mis-spelled, but I don’t know if a title can be fixed without screwing up the page address, so I will leave that for someone more technical than I).
The Custom Fields currently showing are: buy_print_amount (three times, none with data typed in), buyprint-status (three times, none with data typed in), and mood (three times, all three have None typed in the data field).
Pardon me while I go delete them, and create a transcript. Be right back.
Okay, transcript shows, and the Custom Fields I deleted were replaced as follows: buyorig-status (Available typed in field), comic-gallery-columns (5 typed in field), media_width (800 typed in field), rcUserLevel (None typed in field), transcript (everything I typed in the actual Transcript (non-custom) field is in this one. I believe this is pretty much what happened on the other pages.
I’m not worried about it, because you stated you didn’t think the Custom Fields were actually affecting anything, but it’s an odd thing occurring so making sure you know about it.
I have a plugin that automatically creates redirects, so misspelled titles can be fixed. But try to keep in mind that I do that deliberately sometimes.
If the custom fields don’t delete, that’s not a problem. It might take full admin rights.
Please make it so that clicking the images just sends you to the next page. There are a bunch in Knight Moves starting with Fly Hard that take you to a larger version. http://tmi-comic.com/comic/fly-hard/
Last 1 is details
Under “Misc Comic Functionality”, uncheck “Open Up Comic With Lightbox”.
Someone with powers needs to do that. I’m just reporting it. A lot of “grampy says” need to be checked to.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
NOTE — You can use these HTML tags and attributes:<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>
*EMAIL — Get a Gravatar
Notify me of new posts by email.