You Are Not A Spammer
Seems a plugin conflict was making posting comments a non-starter for some of you.
I’ve changed a setting to stop people getting blocked from commenting, but I can’t leave it that way. I’m gonna get hammered the moment the spammers figure that out.
2. Disable the comment editing function. I have no idea if that will take care of the problem, but we get back to people not being able to fix typos or remove pedial/oral intersections, and then commenting on that in turn, making it more obvious than usual that I’m a total hack.
3. Disable the spam blocking plugin. It does occasionally block legit people, but without it, I’ll have to spend more time dealing with spam and it will get onto the site, making it more obvious than usual that I’m a total hack.
4. Make everybody log in to comment. Spam is easier to deal with, most of the commenting problems go away, but the number of comments drops significantly, making it more obvious than usual that I’m a total hack.
5. Disable comments. No spam to worry about, only complains about commenting come in my email or FB (I almost never check, BTW) but the site loses any sense of community, making it more obvious than usual that I’m a total hack.
6. Give up. Ignore the spam and email/messages regarding comments. TMI ends up on Google’s Dangerous Site list, making it more obvious than usual that I’m a total hack.
7. Go overboard and make all comments require moderation. No spam or complaints make it onto the site. Participation drops like a rock, making it more obvious than usual that I’m a total hack.
I’m open to suggestions…